Welcome to Lara Lang

Lara Lang

Hello, my name is Lara Lang, and I am excited to be the new Assistant Principal – Innovations in Science and STEM at REC. For the last 12 years I’ve worked in the Catholic education system in Adelaide and Japan. My interests and passions in science extend to being a regular presenter at STEM conferences, and being active in the non-profit The STEMable Project’, which seeks to increase female participation and success in STEM pathways.

I live in an eco-house made from straw bales, where my two children keep me busy as we explore the world around us.

Quick quiz: What’s the most common element in the Universe?

The first few weeks at REC have been exciting; full of inspiring conversations (with students and staff!) and overwhelmingly positive. I’m looking forward to science hosting an inaugural show as part of Fringe@REC later this term.

If anyone in the Reynella East College community has a background or experience in science, please contact me as I’d love to explore connections – whether it be as a guest speaker, “skype an expert”, judging products, providing real-life challenges to be solved, co-working on a project or mentoring students.

P.S. The answer is Hydrogen.