The school’s governance and strategic directions are provided for by the Governing Council which consists of up to 15 elected parents of students at the school, 3 staff, and the Principal. The Governing council also has community representatives, including the Member for Fisher, the Hon Nat Cook and representatives from the Onkaparinga council and the Christies Beach Police liaison officer.
THE ROLE OF THE GOVERNING COUNCIL IS TO
- Involve the school community in the governance of the school
- Set the broad direction and vision for the school
- Strategic planning
- Determine policies for the school
- Determine the application of the total funding resources of the school
- Monitor and review the Services Agreement with DECD
- Report to the school community and the Minister in relation to the strategic plan, the finances of the school and its operational plans.
Our current Governing Council chairperson is Mr Barry Temme.